Pick-up points and hours for our Teide Excursion from Santa Cruz de Tenerife are as follows:
- Las Caletillas: Catalonia Punta del Rey Hotel at 10.20am.
- Upper part of Santa Cruz: Barceló Contemporáneo hotel at 10.45am.
- Lower part of Santa Cruz: Tourist bus stop at Alameda del Duque/Avenida Marítima at 11.00am.
To make the most of your half day tour to Mount Teide from Santa Cruz, you should be prepared for extremes in weather, both heat as well as cold, depending on the time of year.
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
- If you are going to use the cable car on your Teide Tour excursion from Santa Cruz, remember that people with heart problems, pregnant women, and children under 3 are not allowed to ascend due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health.
- In accordance with current regulations, persons with any physical disability or motor impairment are not permitted to make the ascent by cable car, because of the potential risks if the vehicle has to be evacuated.
- It is essential to bear in mind that in the event of the failure of the cable car system due to unexpected technical reasons, passengers already at the upper station will have to make their descent on foot and using steep mountain paths.
It is absolutely necessary to produce the booking confirmation, either printed or displayed on a mobile device.
In the event that weather conditions impede the operation of the cable car, in case of purchased excursions including a cable car ride the price of the cable car return ticket shall be reimbursed at the following rates: Adults €27.00 (non-resident) or €13.50 (resident); Children €13.50 (non-resident) or €9.50 (resident).
Since this activity includes pick-up service, changes and cancellations with full refund of the amount paid are only allowed up to 3pm on the day prior to the booked date. Same day or later changes/cancellations incur a charge of €6 per person.
Date changes are valid for 1 year provided that the vouchers have not been redeemed. Any change of date or cancellation of the activity must be made within a period of no more than 30 days from the date of the initial booking. Up to 3 date changes are permitted.
Check our Terms and conditions for detailed information on other reasons for cancellation.
The base station’s facilities include an information centre and a shop.
There are public toilets at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
In case of discount tickets for children or local residents, a supporting document is required to prove entitlement to discount.
Where to find us
Frequently asked questions
No, it’s not necessary. You can download it and display it on the screen of any mobile device (phone, tablet, etc.).
Yes. We will pick you up and drop you off in the same location.
No, pets are not allowed.
No. If you do not want to use the cable car, you will continue your journey by bus, while we allow some time to other customers who do wish to ride it.
From Santa Cruz
From Santa Cruz